Thursday, October 14, 2010

Davin Playing the Piano

Davin just told me this:

"Mama, my favorite hobby is playing the piano."

I am one happy mama!! I started taking piano lessons when I was 6, the same age he is. We decided against taking him to someone else to give lessons this year. Our reasoning was that first of all, I could teach him myself; and secondly, I don't think he's emotionally mature enough yet for taking lessons. I just decided to gently introduce him to the piano and he's decided to teach himself! He cut up pieces of paper, numbered them, and taped them onto the keys of the keyboard to match the music in the songbook. Pretty inventive! I need to pick up some lesson books and start some real lessons with him before it's too hard to change the finger pecking on the keys!

[youtube]OjsI_jATogg[/youtube]

No comments:

Post a Comment