Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 4: A Place to Put Your Feet Up {31 days to clean}

Homemakers Challenge - 31 Days to Clean
"Cleaning isn’t just about scrubbing floors, making beds, and clearing out clutter (although those are good things), it’s also about creating an environment that encourages people to feel welcomed, loved." 
I need to think of how I can bless my guests in my home by having a "put your feet up" atmosphere.  This means that it is okay for it to look "lived-in", because "lived-in" is far more comfortable than pristine.  A few other things suggested in today's reading that I liked: 
  • Always have coffee or tea made (or ready to be made).  
  • Be a listener.  
Mary Challenge:  Invite a friend over.  I hope someone will accept my invitation to come over, otherwise I'll invite the neighbor kids over and treat them to popsicles or something!
Martha Challenge:   Clean the oven and microwave....suppressing my urge to grumble and complain about this right now!  
The microwave obviously needed cleaning; lots of smudges and fingerprints:
 Much better:
 Inside is even worse:
 Ta-da!:
 Okay, this is just disgusting:
 Clean!:
Now for the oven, which unfortunately is not self-cleaning!:
That looks better:
Ugh, yuck! I don't want to admit how long it took me to scrub this:
There's still some work to be done, but it looks much better!
There was a lot of grease and grime on the door:
And now there isn't!

Phew, I'm so glad to be done with that!  I probably shouldn't have stayed up until 1a.m. doing it, though!







No comments:

Post a Comment