Thursday, November 4, 2010

Making the Mundane Holy

It's easy to be discouraged by the endless amount of seemingly mundane tasks that a mother needs to perform each day.  Another diaper to change, another load of laundry to wash, dry, fold, put away; another load of dishes to do, meal to cook, bed to make, toys to pick up, and the list could go on.  It is no small task to manage a household!  One thing that really encourages me throughout the day is listening to a Christian radio station.  The station I most often listen to plays not only great music, but has wonderful teaching throughout the day (Nancy Leigh DeMoss, James McDonald, Dennis Rainey, etc.) and a great news program in the evening (In the Market with Janet Parshall).

I was listening to the radio last night while doing the dishes (yes, I didn't wake up to dirty dishes this morning!) and love how God turned a task I typically don't enjoy into an opportunity to praise him instead.  I just love this song!

"Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God almighty, Who was and is and is to come!" Rev. 4:8

[youtube]iMheAXc00EE[/youtube]

That's one of the ways that helps me, so how do you stay encouraged throughout the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment