Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Baby's First Play-Doh, Dodo's First Floor Drawing, and more!

Today I let Quinnlyn play with some Play-Doh for the first time!  I had to watch her the whole time, of course, since she's still very much in the "put-everything-in-my-mouth" stage :)  I was amazed that she played with it a good 5 minutes before attempting to taste it!  She really liked the squishy feeling of it, and had fun squeezing it in her hands.  Then she started pulling little pieces off and concentrating so intently on the task at hand.  Finally, once she decided to take a taste of it, she cried her sweet little eyes out when I took it away!  Little dolly.... :)

And here is the first artistic piece of Dorian's to grace our basement linoleum floor.  It's actually been on the floor for months and I haven't bothered to clean it up.  I'm so glad I didn't, because today Davin said, "I have to show you something.  I think Dorian's a genius!"  He showed me this and I said, "Yes, I know, Dorian scribbled on the floor."  "No," Davin said, "Look closely, stand over here.  It's a drawing of a face!"  Can you see it?     

Today we also did some activities from "Little Hands to Heaven", which is a fun, gentle, preschool curriculum for ages 2-5.  Here is Dorian doing the action for the letter "A", "A-A-Adam!"  There's a little fingerplay we do that starts with: "A-A-Adam, can you believe?  God made animals and you and me!"

Next, we read the story about Adam and Eve having to leave the Garden because they disobeyed God:

Then, the boys' favorite activity today: pretending that the striped scarf pictured below was a snake (the "serpent" in the garden).  The boys had so much fun jumping over the wiggly snake as I held the end and made it move!

Then, Dorian held the other end while Davin tried to go under without getting caught by the snake:

Here's Davin trying to sneak under the snake:  Why the snake is flying in midair, I'm not sure :)

Dorian crawling under the snake:

Scooting under again.  I swear they could have played with this all day long! 

Dorian pointing to the A's:

Coloring a tree Davin drew for him:

Using scissors for the first time!  I was pretty impressed with how well he did, for it being his first time.

He helped glue his 1 tree onto the page.  Doesn't his face look so sweet?

He was quite proud of the finished product :)













2 comments:

  1. So much fun! Today I was feeling especially blessed that I'm able to stay home and teach my babies. I absolutely love it!
    ~MarciJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, Marci! It is such a rewarding job, for sure!

    ReplyDelete