Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 6: The Six List {31 days to clean}

Homemakers Challenge - 31 Days to Clean
Day6: The Six List - The $25,000 Piece of Advice
I am very far behind on this challenge, but after a few detours I am still trying to work my way through it.  I'm not going to give up even if it takes me all summer...which it might ;-) 
"Every night before bed write down the top six things, in order, that you need to accomplish the next day (no more than six). Then, go systematically through the list, completing the tasks in order, crossing out each thing as you go."
Mary Challenge: Use the Six List for 6 days: what doesn't get done one day goes to the top of the list for the next day.  
  • This has been very helpful, as it forces me to prioritize and work towards checking things off my list!  I have always been a list-maker, but I usually make lists that are unrealistic and have a whole page full of things I need to do.  Having just 6 things makes me feel like I can actually accomplish something!
Martha Challenge: Clean out and organize all of the kitchen cabinets.  This took me a few days, but I finished it! It felt pretty good too :)
Here are a few before and after pictures of some of the cabinets I cleaned out:
Before: 
 After: I also found a pearl earring I'd been missing! It was in a coffee cup on the top shelf :)
 Before: Yikes!
 After: better
 Before: cabinet that holds school supplies, baby food, and who knows what else!
After: 
 After: the same cabinet from another angle and door-art supplies and other school stuff:
Before: an upper cabinet.  I found about 5 lego sets in this cabinet that we had forgotten about!
 After:
 After: cookbooks, forgot to take a before picture of this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment