Thursday, January 9, 2014

Read Alouds and other news

We finished another great read aloud today called "The Little Duke" by Charlotte Yonge. It had Davin and I in tears at the second to last chapter but ended well! Reading to the kids is my favorite part of our home school, and I'll always cherish this time with them. :)


In December we read "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens, and they loved having a candy cane during this time! 


What else have we been up to? Christmas was a special time spent with almost all of my siblings and our growing families. My sister and I are pregnant together and it was so much fun to be with her and her expanding belly :)
Here is the best photo I have of our family, though we are all looking at different cameras and this is more of an "awkward family photo" than a lovely portrait :)


No comments:

Post a Comment