Saturday, March 3, 2012

Weekly Highlights: Tea Parties, Settlers, and more!

It's been a long time since I've done weekly updates, but I thought I'd just post some of our  highlights of the past week! 

The boys are playing with their knights and homemade castle.  Empty cardboard boxes are sure to be made into something around here!
My little helper, Dodo, always willing to help in the kitchen!
My tough little ninjas!
Grandma surprised us with a new car seat and stroller for the baby (how awesome!) and Quinny has been testing them out :)  I told her that these are for when her baby brother arrives and she said, "No, Quinny baby!" while pointing to herself.
She loves the new stroller!
We played our first game of Settlers of Catan with Davin and it was so much fun!  Not surprisingly, he caught on right away and he is a little obsessed with the game now.  I unwittingly won the game that night, but I don't feel too bad about it since it'll be one of the few times I win against this kid!  Our second game was tonight and he annihilated Mommy and Daddy..haha.  

Such a fun, addicting game!
Davin working on his Bible Study book: God's Great Covenant, Old Testament 1.  He was learning about the patriarchs and said, "Mama, do you think they got the word 'patriarch' from the Latin word 'patria'?"  I am constantly amazed at how Latin relates to everything else we are studying!  By the way, 'patria' means 'fatherland' in Latin and we also get 'paternal' and 'patriot' from it.  I am so happy that Latin is his favorite subject, as I am thrilled to be learning it along with him :)
Davin's Bible study book.
Here's Quinny painting for the first time with the do-a-dot sponge paint markers.  She loved it!
The do-a-dot markers.
I had a nice little afternoon tea time with the boys on Friday, and they just loved drinking out of the fancy china!  Davin and I had Russian Tea, while Dorian opted for grape juice.  We listened to Felix Mendelssohn's Songs Without Words, looked at a painting by Edouard Manet called The Railway, and talked about manners a little bit.  
Our picture study book.

This is a picture that Dorian colored from Little Annie's Art Book of Etiquette & Good Manners.  It's a sweet little book :)
After our tea time, Davin did an art project to go along with learning about Manet.  It was a still-life painting using melted crayons as the paint.  It was supposed to resemble the Impressionist style.  I did the project as well and let me just say that his turned out much better! 
Davin's finished painting.
The leftover melted crayon hardened into these cute little crayon discs.
Fun art projects to go along with learning about great artists.
And here is our sweet girl, having a little tea party by herself (don't worry, we also have tea parties all together!)  She just loves pouring the water from the teapot to various cups and back again.  When she spills she says, "Uh oh, made a mess!" and fetches a towel to wipe it up.  It's pretty cute :)



No comments:

Post a Comment